About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Trying to reach my full potential as a masters runner

Friday, December 10, 2010

TGIF!

Another work week in the books and another day closer to Christmas.

Hard to believe really as it seemed like only yesterday I was on vacation enjoying the warm Ottawa weather, golfing, running, sitting on the deck with my morning coffee - enjoying all these things in shorts and a short-sleeved shirt.

Now the local golf courses are closed, covered in a thin layer of snow, cold north winds whipping across their fairways as temperatures have plummeted into the double digits below 0C. And I sit enviously here watching the Shark Shootout golf tournament being televised on the Golf Channel from sunny, warm Naples, Florida.

Except for long and/or easy runs, most of my training these days (and for the next 4 months) take place indoors on a treadmill, because trying to run with speed can be a hazardous proposition between December and March in these parts!

So like many fellow runners and golfers who live north of 49th parallel, I wait. I wait for the ice and snow to recede so I can once again safely run along my favourite pathways and stroll down the fairways of my favourite golf courses.

One day closer to Christmas... and one day closer to spring!

Enjoy your Friday.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment