About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Trying to reach my full potential as a masters runner

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Down and out!

I woke up this morning with my head feeling like it was going to explode and I'm sure I could have roasted marshmallows on my throat!

So I called in sick, took some more Cold FX (hey I'm not going to give up on it just because of one cold) and climbed back into bed.

I barely heard Anne and the kids getting ready for work and school. And while I didn't sleep all the time, I basically stayed in bed most of the day.

In addition to a lost day of work, I missed a scheduled 8k run today. That concerns me as my race is exactly one month from today. And while this is only my second missed run since I started training with Ian, missing a run or runs at this stage can really impact my performance in the half marathon next month.

Perhaps I pushed the issue yesterday and should have listened to my body...it knew I was sick and needed rest. One of these days I'll listen.

Nothing I can do about it now except get to bed early tonight, take more Cold FX and keep my fingers crossed that I'll b ready to go tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment