About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Trying to reach my full potential as a masters runner

Monday, December 27, 2010

Another day off

Today was a rest day and I took full advantage.

I slept in, lounged around the house all day, ate leftover turkey for lunch and had an afternoon nap...something I haven't done in forever!

Anne and I are heading out this evening to a party at Ian's (our coach). It's the annual Christmas gathering of the high school group of guys I mentioned in a previous post. It should be fun, but I have another tough 13k tempo run tomorrow broken down as follows - 2k at 5:15; 2x(3.5k at 4:05/1k at 4:15); 2k at 5:15 - so I'll be limiting my alcohol intake.

Glen, the friend I'm helping train for a half marathon, is in town for the holidays and he'll be joining me in the gym tomorrow to do his run. It will be good to run with someone for a change, even if it's only indoors on a treadmill.

And so week 8 of training begins!

2 comments:

  1. I like the new blog look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And I didn't have to ask you too many questions to figure out how to rearrange it.

    ReplyDelete