About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Trying to reach my full potential as a masters runner

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Down and out...again!

I woke up at 1am this morning with a wicked sore throat, congested nasal passages and a headache....my second cold of the winter!

I couldn't get back to sleep until about 3:30am, but still managed to drag my sorry ass into work for 7am. I would have stayed in bed, but I had a couple of things that had to get done today. I stayed at work until noon, then headed home to collapse in bed.

I feel like crap right now. I skipped my schedule 6k run today and unless a miracle happens in the next few hours, I'll be staying home tomorrow. And I'll likely miss the track session with Ian tomorrow night.

I suppose the positive thing is that it happened now and not just before the race.

Anyway, Anne just got home so she can look after the kids...it's back to bed for me!

4 comments:

  1. Don't be a hero! Stay home if you're sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No bueno!
    You're absolutely right though, better it happen now than during/right before the race.
    Hope you get well soon! Take lots of echinacea and vitamin C!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had a rough night, but starting to feel better. I should be back in the saddle on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete