About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Trying to reach my full potential as a masters runner

Friday, December 24, 2010

Next year

Yesterday was crazy busy for me - work, run, get groceries and Christmas shopping, argh!

Every year I swear I won't leave things to the last minute. That I'll buy gifts througout the year and have all my Christmas presents purchased by October or sooner and avoid the torture of last-minute shopping.

Unfortunately, I always seem to be running around on December 23rd or 24th, circling parking lots to find a spot, picking through what's left over on store shelves, fighting through crowded malls and standing in line FOREVER!

Last night Anne and I ventured out after dinner and while finding a parking spot was not that difficult, getting through the line-ups at the checkouts and trying to find the last few gifts and stocking stuffers for the kids was a nightmare!

By 10pm I was tired, cranky and after almost losing it one department store, I knew it was time to head home. Anne agreed, laughing at the state I was in...sometimes I think she feels she's gained a 4th child instead of a boyfriend.

When we arrived home, I had only one thing on my mind - BED.

As I drifted off to lala land, I swore to myself next year will be different!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment