About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Trying to reach my full potential as a masters runner

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The dreadmill again!

Today's run was much easier than yesterday's. I guess that's one of the benefits of having a hard run early in the week, the other runs seem so easy!

It was 8k at a very manageable average pace of just over 5 minutes per km for a total of 41 minutes. It was easier on my body, but running slower on a treadmill sure is tougher for me mentally. Boredom sets in quick.

That's why I enjoyed my long run outside on Sunday so much, I was actually going somewhere!

I keep telling myself that treadmill running will not only benefit me physically, but also help to build the mental toughness I'll need to succeed in Georgia. Even though it's only a half marathon, I know at some point I'll experience some sort of discomfort and will have to fight through it to turn in a time fast enough to qualify for NYC.

So it's back on the treadmill the next 3 days for 8k runs each day and then if the weather cooperates, I'll get back outside for a 20k run on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment