About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Trying to reach my full potential as a masters runner

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Surprising!

Well my 7k runs was a lot easier than I had anticipated!

Ian had me running 2k at a 5 minute per km clip, then running 2k at 4:45, 2k at 4:40 and finishing with 1k at 5 flat. I ran inside on the treadmill and varied the elevation throughout the run between a 1 and 2 percent grade.

The first part of the run was tough, but as I neared the 2k point I hit my stride and was cruising. I don't normally like running on a treadmill, and until I started working with Ian, 7k would be testing my limits of boredom. However, with the varying paces he provides for most of my runs, it makes the time fly by and I've easily run 11k without wanting to shoot myself!

I had considered bailing on this run, given my condition earlier in the morning. I'm glad I sucked it up forced myself to run as it did me a world of good. I felt great when I finished...I must have purged my system of all the toxins I consumed the night before.

Tonight I'll eat a big bowl of chicken pesto pasta and get to bed early in preparation for my 14k run tomorrow. I plan on running outside, but the forecast is calling for snow and freezing rain.

So I might be forced to use the treadmill once again!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment