About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Trying to reach my full potential as a masters runner

Saturday, December 25, 2010

My coach hates me!

I must have done something in the last 32 years to piss-off my long-time friend Ian. And obviously he's taking advantage of his new position as my running coach to pay me back!

Why else would he have me doing a speed session on Christmas Day?

The last two days have been solid training days of 8k each at a pace of just over 5 minutes per kilometre for a total of 41 minutes for each run. And although my legs have been feeling a bit stiff each morning, after each run and accompanying stretching session I've been feeling great!

Today Ian has me scheduled to do another 8kms, but he's added a sinister twist in the form of 2 repeats in the middle of the run broken down as follows: 500m @ 3:45 per km pace, then slowing to a 4:05 per km pace for 500m and finishing with 1km @ a 4:45 per km clip. With no rests or jogs between each set.

So we've finished unwrapping gifts, had breakfast and I'm off to the gym in a few minutes. I suppose the good thing about a Christmas day run is I won't feel guilty stuffing my face with turkey and all the trimmings later!

Enjoy your Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment