About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Trying to reach my full potential as a masters runner

Monday, December 13, 2010

Monday, Monday...

Another rest day. The calm before the storm really. Ian has planned my toughest week of training so far for this week.

It starts tomorrow with a repeat of the run I did last Tuesday that I wasn’t supposed to do until tomorrow. For a better explanation, see my post from December 7th.

So tomorrow it’s an 11k run broken down as follows – 2k @ 5:15, 2 x (2.5k @ 4:05, followed by 1k @ 4:15), then 2k @ 5:15 to finish. Then Wednesday through Saturday it’s 8k per day at various paces. The week is capped-off by a 17k run with intervals ranging 4k @ a 5 minute per km pace to 1k @ a 4:30 clip.

Total for the week – 60k.

Despite my two screw ups last week and the fact I fought off a cold over the weekend, I feel great today. Legs are not stiff at all and my right hip that usually gives me some discomfort, especially after a long run is 100%.

So bring it on Ian, bring it on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment