About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Trying to reach my full potential as a masters runner

Friday, January 14, 2011

Just a few hours to go

I'm in my hotel room in Warner Robins, Georgia, about 2 hours south of Atlanta, getting ready for an easy 20 minute run to stretch my legs and loosen things up before tomorrow's race.

The weather has improved here over the last two days and most of the snow is gone. The forecast is calling for close to 60F tomorrow as a high, so promises to be just about perfect for the 8am race start. The important thing is the roadways are finally clear of snow and ice, so that won't be an impediment to turning in a fast time.

Last night I got a full 10 hours of sleep! That is an unbelievable number for me....I usually only get about 6 or 7 hours a night. I guess the flight and late arrival the night before had taken its toll.

Anyway I feel great today. After my run I'll get a good dinner and get to bed early.

I have a 5am wake-up call ordered...somehow I don't think I'll need it...I'm chomping at the bit to get going!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow, though I'm sure you'll do great! The hardest part is done, now it's just time to put it all together. :) glad to hear the weather is cooperating out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was successful and will post something soon. I feel great!

    ReplyDelete