About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Trying to reach my full potential as a masters runner

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Two days to go!

Well I made it to Atlanta late last night, but as I drove the hour or so north to my buddy Bryan's house in Buford, I could have sworn I was still in Ottawa!

They have as much snow here as we do back home. Large patches of ice and snow were everywhere on the highways and streets, with some lanes completely impassable and abandoned vehicles dotted the roadside. I can only imagine the chaos the storm that passed through here three days ago created.

I managed to arrive safe and sound at Bryan's at about 1am. We hadn't seen each other in a few years, so stayed up for an hour or so catching up on what has transpired in our busy lives. I finally made it to bed around 2:30am, so I'm a bit bleary-eyed right now....and hungry!

I just realized I haven't eaten anything since before boarding my plane at 5:30pm last night...no wonder my stomach is growling.

The waiting game is on....roughly 48 hours from now I'll be approaching the finish line of the half marathon and realizing my goal of qualifying for the NYC Marathon.

Not much to do until then but relax and rest...and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment